It’s National Eye Exam Month and as a go-to eye doctor in NH for many, Nutfield Eye Associates wants to celebrate and discuss the many recognitions this month has to offer. August 21-25, 2017 is also National Contact Lens Health Week. Created by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other collaborative partners, this week aims to educate on the importance of healthy contact lens habits, proper care, use, and storage of contact lenses, and regular visits to your eye doctor.
Here are some healthy contact lens habits you should always follow!
- Each time you remove your contact lens from your eyes, disinfect them with the solution suggested by your eye care provider- never with water or saliva!
- Always be sure to replace your contacts according to the type of contact lens you are using and suggested by your eye doctor.
- Never mix old or used contact lens solutions with new solutions.
- Clean your contact lens case with the appropriate solution after each use. Dry with a clean tissue and store open, upside down between uses.
- Replace your contact case every three months.
- Use the contact solutions suggested by your eye doctor. If you believe you might need to switch solutions, consult with professionals before making any decisions.
- If you ever experience blurred vision, irritation, or other discomforts, immediately remove your contacts and call your eye care provider.
- Always have a pair of glasses available in case you must remove your contact lenses.
- Schedule your yearly eye doctor visits to keep up with your prescriptions and assess your current eye health!
Your eye health is important to the professionals at Nutfield Eye. From routine appointments to cataract and LASIK surgery in NH, Dr. Francis Lamy and his team will be with you every step of your vision journey.
With more questions about our services or to make an appointment, please contact the team at our Derry office by calling (603) 434-3937 or our Londonderry office by calling (603) 421-0022.